Thursday, March 5, 2009

Bonanzle in BusinessWeek!

BusinessWeek did a nice article on Bonanzle (see it here) . Great read, for those of you who are looking for a new venue.

EBay still doesn't seem to get WHY many sellers left (or diversified) in the first place. Well, I opened a booth on Bonanzle because of what Ebay was doing last year. But I finally closed my shop on eBay because of all the great things Bonanzle did.

Instead of treating small sellers as desirable partners, eBay treated us as captives -not unlike what most credit card companies are doing...

And, I just saw this today on ReadWriteWeb. All about Bonanzle. Get off the fence and try it out.

One thing I keep seeing is people saying new sites have trouble getting traffic. I just don't get that from my experience with Bonanzle. My Bonanzle items are very easy to find (and are found by real live buyers). Their excellent instructions walk even the least tech savvy of us through using Google Base and their new Search Optimizing function from batch edit. Heck, they even have a Craigslist exporter. Could it get any easier than that?



Oh, and here's the full links for those of us who like to see where we are going:

http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/mar2009/tc2009033_379735.htm

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/seattle_startup_bonanzle_takes_on_ebay.php

No comments:

Post a Comment