Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Finding Local Farmer's Markets

After the trip last week to the Mount Vernon, TX farmer's market, I decided I need to see what other farmer's markets there are in my area. After about five laborius minutes of research, here are some tools I've found to help figure out what's in your area.

Check the area newspapers. And you might have to actually buy a real paper newspaper. After your done with it, recycle it, reuse it for something, or pop it in the compost.

This is the USDA find a market link
It doesn't have the Mount Vernon one, so it might not have your nearest market either.

Then you might check here at Local Harvest.
While your there, look around a bit. They have plenty of good information. For my location, it found some that USDA didn't have. But, it still didn't have the Mount Vernon, TX one.

Maybe one of these links will help you find your nearest farmer's market.

No comments:

Post a Comment